Vietnam visa is required for Chinese citizens in particular and for foreigners in general, except that country is in Vietnam Exemption list. How to apply for Vietnam Visa for Chinese citizens?
- Vietnam visa requirement for Chinese passport holders
- How to apply for Vietnam Tourist Visa for Chinese citizens?
- How to apply for Vietnam Business visa in China?
- How many Vietnam Embassy and Consulates in China?
- An overview of Vietnam visa extension in China
There are many ways to apply for Vietnam Visa for Chinese citizens. We will introduce you the 2 popular ways, you can consider and choose the most suitable one.
Applying Vietnam visa by coming to Vietnam Embassy or Consulate
Applying Vietnam visa directly at Vietnam Embassy is a traditional way, this is what many people usually do when they think about applying visa.
What do you need to do when you want to apply for Vietnam Visa for Chinese citizens?
- The first thing you have to do is find out the Vietnam embassy or consulate address in your nation.
- Preparing all necessary documents for applying visa on the appointment date. If your current living nation doesn’t have Vietnam embassy or consulate, you need to go to the nearest nation having them to do this process.
- You will be surely to hold your visa before you come to Vietnam, but it takes a lot of time for processing (it normally takes about 5 – 7 working days to get the result) as well as it wastes your effort and time, especially in case the embassy or consulate is far away from your home.
What are the required documents when you want to apply for Vietnam Visa for Chinese citizens? The documents to apply visa at the embassy/ consulate are different from regions to regions. However, it normally includes:
- Application form.
- Passport which is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Vietnam and still has at least two blank pages.
- Recent passport-sized color photos (Image must be taken within the last 3 months, photos should be in color and should be taken against a white background, image must show the full face and without headgear (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide the facial features)).
- Relating documents basing on particular embassy/ consulate request.
For further information, please contact Vietnam embassy/ consulate in China.
Applying for Vietnam Visa for Chinese citizens via Visa On Arrival
Vietnam Visa On Arrival is the visa applying for all nationalities all over the world, coming to Vietnam for tourist purpose or business purpose, with variety length of stay and time of entry:
- 1 month single entry
- 1 month multiple entries
- 3 months single entry
- 3 months multiple entries
- 6 months multiple entries
- 1 year multiple entries
Visa On Arrival has its own advantages, such as fast (only 2 working day for basic services, and 1- 8 hours for urgent services), time-saving and effort-saving (don’t have to go to the embassy/ consulate directly), simple (don’t have to prepare complicated documents), highly secret (personal information is kept in secret), and cheap (cheaper than other visa services).
Another thing you need to know is that Visa On Arrival is only valid for those who enter Vietnam via airports. At the moment, there are 6 international airports in Vietnam agreeing on this visa, included:
- Noi Bai International Airport in Ha Noi City
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City
- Da Nang International Airport in Da Nang City
- Cam Ranh International Airport in Nha Trang City
- Phu Quoc International Airport in Phu Quoc Island
- Cat Bi International Airport in Hai Phong City.
Applying Vietnam Visa On Arrival Procedure
It’s not allowed to apply Visa On Arrival from the embassy or consulate directly. Therefore, you have to choose a sponsor in Vietnam, and then you ask this one to apply Visa On Arrival for you. There are many sponsors which can apply Visa On Arrival in Vietnam now, but you should choose a prestigious company with fast, cheap and good-supporting quality.
After choosing a Vietnam’s sponsor, all you need to do is fill in the form and wait for the result. It is quite simple, right? You can see detailed guidance in below:
Step 1: Fill in the apply Vietnam visa form with your information includes:
- Purpose of visit (tourist or business)
- Visa type (1 month single entry, 1 month multiple entries, 3 months single entry, 3 months multiple entries, 6 months multiple entries, 1 year multiple entries)
- Port of arrival (Noi Bai International Airport in Ha Noi City, Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang International Airport in Da Nang City, Cam Ranh International Airport in Nha Trang City, Phu Quoc International Airport in Phu Quoc Island, Cat Bi International Airport in Hai Phong City).
- Entry date
- Exit date
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Passport expiration date
Step 2: Make online payment
After completing to fill in the form, you will receive an online payment notification. At this step, you can make payment by Credit card via PayPal. It is safe and easy to do. After finishing to make payment, you immediately receive an email informing about your order with detailed information. Your job is to wait for the result. It takes about 2 working days for basic services or faster if you choose urgent services.
Step 3: Receive Approval letter
Within 2 working days, the sponsor send to you an email with Approval letter attached. For this Approval letter, you have to check carefully to make sure the information is correct. If there are any mistakes or errors, you need to contact to the Vietnam sponsor to revise it to the correct one. This visa approval letter helps you when you get in airplane and it’s required to show at “Landing Visa” or “Visa Upon Arrival” office for picking up your visa.
Step 4: When you come to Vietnam
On arrival at your destination airport, you are required to submit your visa approval letter + passport + Vietnamese visa application form, then waiting to be called for paying the visa stamping fee to get your visa. Therefore, you have to prepare these following documents:
Print a hard copy of approval letter to show for boarding airplane (the airline staffs check the approval letter before they allow you to board), and it is required to show at “Landing Visa” or “Visa Upon Arrival” office for picking up your visa.
Take at least 2 passport-sized color photos (straight face, no hat or glasses, white or bright background).
Fill in the Vietnamese visa application form and attach the photos (Some sponsors send this form to you when you apply visa with them so that you can fill in it in advance).
Note that your original passport must valid at least 6 months from the arrival date with at least 2 blank pages.
Prepare cash for paying visa stamp fee on arrival. It is the fee paying for Vietnam government to get visa stamped on your passport, and has been paid on cash on the arrival date. You should prepare it in US Dollars instead of Vietnam Dong or other currencies to avoid exchange rate difference. This fee is different from the types of visa you apply.
After receiving your visa on Visa Counter, you check it again. If there are any mistakes or errors, you ask the immigration officer to revise it. After that, you can enter Vietnam.
Besides, for Visa On Arrival, you still have some special supporting packages:
- Express Service: It takes 2 working days for processing Approval letter, excludes Saturday, Sunday & Vietnam’s holidays. If you need the visa urgently, you can add on this service. This service allows you to get the approval letter faster. For example, you can get the approval letter within 1 working hour, 4 working hours, 8 working houses, 1 working day, etc.
- Privacy Protection: For the standard service, you share the approval letter with many other customers and all applicants’ details are printed on the one letter. The other customers who share the same approval letter with you can know your personal information. The privacy protection service allows you to keep your information more secret. For example, you can choose “one person in one letter” if you want to own the approval letter with only your name inside, and “your group in the same letter” if you want to own the approval letter with only your group’s name inside.
- On Arrival Support: You normally pick up the visa by yourself at the visa counter when you arrive. With the standard support, the staffs meet you in front of the visa counter with a welcome board, taking care of all procedures necessary to get the visa stamped on your passport. With VIP support, the staffs meet you in front of the visa counter with a welcome board, receive your passport and give it back with the visa in 5-10 minutes, then escorting you to check out via the VIP gate.
Depending on the service you choose, you have to pay extra money. Please check with the sponsor you apply visa to know the fee exactly.