According to the current Vietnam’s Law, foreigners who want to enter Vietnam need to apply for Vietnam visa, except for some countries are in Vietnam visa Exemption list. This article will give you detailed information about Vietnam visa requirement for Chinese citizens.
Vietnam Visa Exemption list
Not all the foreigners in all countries all over the world need to apply Vietnam visa, there also has exemption. This is list of countries that Vietnam Immigration allows their citizens to enter Vietnam without visa with detailed length of stay.
|No||Citizens of||Days of Free Visa|
|1||United Kingdom||15 days (Valid until 30 June 2021)|
|2||France||15 days (Valid until 30 June 2021)|
|3||Italy||15 days (Valid until 30 June 2021)|
|4||Spain||15 days (Valid until 30 June 2021)|
|5||Germany||15 days (Valid until 30 June 2021)|
|6||Belarus||15 days (Valid until 30 June 2020)|
|8||South Korea||15 days|
|23||Chile||90 days (Starting from 11 August 2017)|
Unfortunately, Chinese isn’t in this list. If you are Chines, you still need visa to enter Vietnam to response Vietnam visa requirement for Chinese passport holders. In case you are not Chinese, you can check the table to know whether you need to apply Vietnam visa or not.
Besides, there are two cases that the you can travel to Vietnam without Visa
- APEC business travel card holders are exempt from Vietnam visa for not more than 90 days.
- Travelers to Phu Quoc Island with round trip air ticket and staying on the island for 30 days or less are exempt from having Vietnam visa. A visa is required if going outside the island.
Vietnam visa requirement for Chinese passport holders
How many ways to apply Vietnam visa in China?
We are kindly to inform that China passport holders are required Vietnam visa to enter Vietnam. Chinese citizens either can apply Vietnam visa with Vietnam embassies in Chinese OR applying Vietnam visa on arrival with visa approval from Vietnam Immigration Department on this website.
As a Chinese citizen wishing to visit Vietnam in future, you should acquire a Vietnam visa for Chinese citizen as a requirement by the department of travel in Vietnam. The procedure for obtaining a Vietnam visa as a Chinese avails the following two options:
- Coming to the Vietnam embassy in China in person. Here you will have to present all required documents for your Vietnam visa application process to begin.
- An application for a Vietnam visa on Arrival via Vietnam visa agencies that work in hand with the immigration department of Vietnam. This new visa on arrival policy has also significantly eased and streamlined the entire process, in the new process very little or almost no paperwork is required and the process is also considerably faster in comparison to the erstwhile process. The process usually begins with the selection of an agency that can process the visa application form for you. These agencies are mandated and contracted by the Immigration department and hence they need to be registered and recognized, so ensure that they do have all the necessary permissions before you share your sensitive personal data with them.
You can choose one of the above two options when seeking a visa to Vietnam as a Chinese citizen at your convenience.
Applying Vietnam visa at Vietnam Embassy in China
This is the traditional way that more people has been applying. In order to apply for your Vietnam visa for Chinese citizen at the Vietnam embassy, it is important you observe the following:
– The Vietnam embassy in China is open only within work hours on business days.
– The Vietnam embassy in china is reachable by telephone but you can still present yourself there in person to get information on what is required from you by the immigration department of Vietnam, as a visa applicant to Vietnam.
Where to find for Vietnam embassy in China?
When seeking the Vietnam visa for Chinese you can use the following contacts to reach the Vietnam embassy in China:
Embassy of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in China
- Chancery: No 32 Guanghua Rd, Chaoyang Dist, Beijing, China
- Telephone : +86-10-65321155
- Fax: +86-10-65325720
- Email: email@example.com
Consulate General of Vietnam in Guangzhou, China
- Adress: Suite P01, 4th /F, Garden Tower, Garden Hotel,
- 368 Hoanshi Dong Rd., Yuexiu District, Guangzhou 510064, Guangdong, P.R of China.
- Tel: +86-20-83305911, 83305910
- Fax: +86-20-83305915
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Consulate General of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in Kunming (China)
- No. 507, HongTa Mansion. 1 No. 155 Beijing Road, Kunming, China
- Tel : +0086-871-3522669 – Fax : +0086-871-3516667
- Email: email@example.com
Consulate General Of Vietnam In Nanning – China
- Address : 27th Floor, Yahang Wealth Center, No 55 Jinhu Road, Nanning City, Guangxi, PRC.
- Tel : 0086 – 771 – 5510561/ 5510562
- Fax : 0086 – 771 – 5534738
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Consulate General Of Vietnam In Shanghai – China
- Address : 3F, Huachen financial mansion. No 900, Pudong Ave, Shanghai. Postcode: 200135
- Tel : +86-21-68555871 / 68555872/13472652588
- Fax : +86-21-68555873
- E-mail : email@example.com
Applying Vietnam visa on Arrival
Steps to applying online for the Vietnam visa for Chinese citizens is very simple. It just takes you some minutes to complete the application form. The procedure for applying a Vietnam visa for Chinese citizen is strictly for air travelers and entails the following steps:
– Checkout the visa application form available online at our website
– Pay the set application fees through us and follow our instructions
– Receive the letter of approval from us in your email within 48 business hours.
– Present your letter of approval, your passport and two of your recent passport photos at one of the three Vietnam international airports (Tan Son Nhat, Noi Bai, Da Nang) as you pay the visa stamping fee before you are handed a Vietnam visa.
Documents requirement for Chinese passport holders
Both applicants of the Vietnam visa by direct application at the embassy and those who apply for the Vietnam visa online through agents’ websites are required to meet the following standards:
- Must have a valid passport you acquired over six months ago
- Must have two most recent passport photos at hand, that aren’t any older than six months.
- The letter of approval you present must present information that matches that in your passport.