Do Thailand citizens and foreigners in Thailand need to hold Vietnam visa to enter this country? There are many kinds of visa and rule that you need to know detail about requirements of Vietnam visa from Thailand.
Do Thailand nationals need a visa to visit Vietnam?
Fortunately, Thailand citizens are not needed a Vietnam Visa if they enter Vietnam less than 30 days. If you are not Thailand passport holder but you live in Thailand, please check out the table below to know whether your nationality needs a Vietnam Visa or not. In case Thailand passport holders plan to stay in Vietnam more than 30 days, they must apply a Vietnam visa in advance. Generally, the entire information about the Vietnam Visa is available at the Vietnam embassy of the respective country.
Vietnam has an exemption list that some country do not need a visa to enter. If you are not Thailand citizens, please look up the list below to know whether your nationality is required to apply a Vietnam visa or not.
List of countries exempt from the visa to enter Vietnam
There are 2 options that foreigners can apply visa: Getting Vietnam visa by visiting Vietnam embassy in Thailand or applying online for Vietnam visa from Thailand.
What are requirements of Vietnam visa from Thailand?
Applying Vietnam visa at Vietnam Embassy in Thailand
Here are some information when applying for Vietnam visa from Thailand:
- In case you want to apply for visa in person at Vietnam Embassy, you can find the address of Vietnam Embassy in Thailand.
- Passport must be at least ONE MONTH valid prior to your proposed date of exit from Vietnam (ex. Visa issued for 01st – 30th March, 2016, passport expiration date must be from 30th April, 2016 on wards).
- Photo must NOT be taken more than one year ago.
- Processing time: 5-7 working days.
Embassy of Vietnam in Bangkok, Thailand
- Address: 83/1 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, THAILAND
- Phone: (662) 267 9602
- Fax: (662) 254 4630
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office hours for public: 8h30 – 11h30 ; 13h30 -16h30 from Monday to Friday (Except Vietnamese and Thai public holidays).
Consulate General of Vietnam in KHON KAEN, Thailand
- Address: 65/6 Chatapadung, Khonkaen 40000, THAILAND
- Phone: (66) 4324 2190
- Fax: (66) 4324 1154
- Email: email@example.com
Applying Vietnam visa on Arrival
If you live far away from the Vietnam Embassy and do not want to lose the documents (passport, money or documents) by postal mail or traffic jam once visiting Vietnam Embassy, then you can apply for Vietnam visa from Thailand online, no matter you are not Thailand citizen and no matter where you are. This way is called Visa on Arrival or Vietnam Visa Online, it allow you to let a visa agent apply Vietnam Visa Online for you and you will pick up your visa at one of Vietnam International Airports, instead of obtaining a visa directly at Vietnam Embassy in Thailand.
However, you can only get your visa stamped at Vietnam international airport when using Vietnam Visa on Arrival – a kind of visa that you can apply when you are at home. After having the approval letter, passenger can stamp visa at one of Vietnam international airport gates.
Prepare the following documents to stamp your visa at the airport:
- Visa Approval Letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department (which had been sent to your email in working days)
- Immigration Form
- Passport and remaining period of over 6 months, with at least 2 blank pages
- Two 4×6 photos with white background, taken within 6 months and without glasses
- Stamping fee
When applying Vietnam Visa via Visa On Arrival, you can choose extra service as well, such as FAST TRACK, CAR PICK UP, BOOKING HOTEL, BOOKING TOUR,…
You can refer Vietnam Visa Fees for Vietnam visa fees when applying from Thailand, remember to choose your nationality.
Applying Vietnam visa on Arrival or Business Vietnam visa, you can get your Vietnam visa in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hua Hin, Sukhothai, Krabi, Ayutthaya, Kanchanaburi or any cities in Thailand. Let’s apply visa at visaonlinevietnam.com!
Requirements of Vietnam visa from Thailand: work permit
Thailand citizens in particular and foreigners living in Thailand in general are now in Vietnam for working purpose so much. You know, if foreigners want to work in Vietnam in a long time, they can not apply for tourism Vietnam Visa, they need Visa to work, this is also a permission that allows them to work in Vietnam.
About requirements of Vietnam visa from Thailand, there are something to be noted:
- Person who does not have a Company in Vietnam agreed to guarantee, please let Visa Agent know so they can handle trade visa instead.
- Dossier set submitted to apply for Visa is irrevocable so at that time travelers must still pay fee as normal
- In case Visa cannot be obtained by visa agent’s fault, they will redo or correct free of charge or refund as required by passenger
- When obtaining Visa, applicants can travel by air or road or waterway from England or from other countries to Vietnam.
Vietnam visa extension for Thailand citizens
Provisions of the Government of Vietnam published that foreigners in general and Thailand citizens in particular are only allowed to stay in Vietnam for a limited period. This is one of requirements of Vietnam visa from Thailand as well: extension for Vietnam visa. In case the passenger has visa expired without further extension, they will be punished due to overdue visa, can be deported from Vietnam and listed on the entry blacklist.
We heartily inform you that when you enter Vietnam Tan Son Nhat border gate in Ho Chi Minh City, Moc Bai border gate Tay Ninh Province, you will easily extend your visa and save cost than Noi Bai border gate in Hanoi or Da Nang and Nha Trang.
The 3 basic Vietnam Visa extension are trade visa, tourism visa, and work visa, depends on each type of visas that procedures are different.
www.VisaOnlineVietnam.com is operated by VIETNAM VISA SERVICE., Co. LTD VIETNAM with more than 18-years experience in visa service and 20-year in traveling arrangement. This website was set up to offer visa applicants the most convenient but cheapest services that meet the criteria of Quality, Safe and Secure; Reliability, Prompt Responses, Competitive Prices, and Customer-Focused Approach; save your time & money; Money back guarantees for declined applications.
In case there are any question, please do not hesitate to contact us at Hotline: +84 968 18 77 18/ WhatsApp: +84 – 982 879718 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/visaonlinevietnamcom/.